Amazing soup recipe from my dear friend.
Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free
In a large pot of water, add:
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1 medium turnip or rutabaga (cut into quarter-sized chunks or slices)
- 2 â€“ 4 carrots, either grated, sliced, or chopped into 1-inch chunks (whatever your preference)
- 1 â€“ 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped into large chunks
- 2 â€“ 3 leeks, sliced
- Dried parsley to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Approx. 1 tablespoon of salt (use much less for low sodium)
Bring to a boil and simmer 3 â€“ 4 hours.